Vouchercodes.net looks into the reasons that make e-books a better option when compared to the hard copies.
E-books or real books? It is a choice that often puts obsessive readers in a dilemma. So what are the arguments that work in favour of e-books here? E-books are...
- Easy to find - How many times have you searched through the book stall only to find the book you were looking for is out of print? If you are such a compulsive reader of the books you develop an interest for, the quick solution is most certainly an e-book. It never runs out of copies and doesn't require regular visits to the book shop to get one. All you do is to search, pay and download. And yea, enjoy reading the book you longed to read.
- Easy to search - This is particularly true if you are so much of a reading enthusiast that you tend to support your points with quotations from the books you have read. With e-books, you don't go through each and every page to find that portion you'd like to read again. Just type a part of the text in the search box and technology will do the searching for you
- Easy to carry around - E-book gives you choice on the go (and a very good amount of it at that). All you need is an e-reader and your whole library travels with you in its memory. Can you imagine doing that with your real books? We bet you can't!
- Good for that first impression - We all love to add good books to our collection in the physical form. But how do you know whether a book is good enough to be bought in hard copy? Friends, reviews, previews are all good ways to form an opinion. But a chance to obtain first hand knowledge would be even better, don't you think? It might be worth considering e-books for that first read and then you can decide whether or not it is worthy of finding a place in your priced library. E-books are also the better choice for the lighter reads which you wouldn't want to go back to.
- Easy to maintain - You should be a lucky booklover to have a Victorian mansion handed down to you as legacy. But many avid readers who aren't lucky enough often find their library space too less to accommodate all their books in. The quest for knowledge never ends, it keeps expanding. And so does the need for space. To the space constrained, e-book is no less than a boon from the endless realms of literature. It takes less space and is easier to maintain. Dusting, covering, binding and indexing - the ways in which you used to maintain a traditional library may soon be forgotten in this virtual world of reading.
- Costs less - E-books tend to be cheaper when compared to their counterparts on paper. And the reason is simple. They don't call for more paper and ink to produce copies, they don't require space to be stocked, they don't need huge cargos to ship and they don't need muscle power to be handled. So they can come to you at throw away prices. This implies that you can read more e-books by spending a much lesser amount (compared to the hard bound books).
- Eco friendly - If you love the world you live in, that is yet another reason to go in for the virtual books. They don't call for cutting down the trees. E-books are environment friendly and you can pursue your interest without causing harm to Mother Nature.
So now, e-books sound a lot better, do they? But yea, how can we forget those hard copies? We will soon be back on the reasons that fall on the other side of the choice. Till then, enjoy reading e-books at discounted prices by making use of the coupons and deals you'll find here. Stay informed, stay empowered.